My boat building process was on hold for entire winter ‘cause it’s too cold and humid in my shed.
So I decided to jump onto dinghy build as some of DIY catamaran builders do.
Another reason for that was a bunch of “mystery foam” I’ve got from my supplier, Fiberglass Supplies at Burlington, WA (thanks Matthew and Hose!).
It turned out to be a remains of some 50 footer kit from some boat manufacturer. And a foam itself was 1.5” Dyvinicel H100 of some irregular shapes.
Which was an overkill for this project, but I’ve got it dirt cheap, so it worth to build a dinghy out of it.
It was obviously for me that this boat is gonna be a catamaran, the question was what design it will be.
At the end it turned out that it will be my own design again.
I played with some software to design a hull, got some overall dimensions.
And, here you are, I built a boat.
It’s not finished yet, unfortunately. I couldn’t sand it in my garage.
So I waited for some good weather to clean up the shell and make it ready for the final glassing.
There are some pictures of the building process.
|Hatches are dry fitted for now.|